The Homestead High School IMC supports the Mequon-Thiensville School District learning initiatives at all levels and in all subjects.
MTSD INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY VISION STATEMENT
The Mequon-Thiensville School District envisions a learning community where all participants are ethical, effective and responsible users of technology and information resources.
MTSD INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MISSION STATEMENT
To accomplish this vision, the school district must:
- Create an environment that fosters a passion for exploration and discovery.
- Promote and support intellectual curiosity, imagination and excitement for learning.
- Challenge participants to pursue their own learning, and enhance individual achievement while collaborating with others.
- Expect participants to model and practice ethical and responsible use of technology and
- Prepare participants to manage and evaluate information for accuracy and validity.
- Use technology to interact and share information and to explore personal educational and professional interests.
- Use technology and information resources as a vehicle for understanding other cultures and encouraging global interactions.
- Integrate technology
and information resources into curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Provide all participants with equitable access to technology and information resources.
- Encourage the use of technology and information resources as a portal for lifelong learning.
Adopted by the MTSD Board - 2005